- A Brief Look at my 2019 Goals – [00:56]
- Quotes and Resources from the Jordan Harbinger Show – [03:08]
- Ask Yourself These 3 Questions to Help Get Out of Your Comfort Zone
- 1. “What will I gain from this opportunity?” – [07:00]
- 2. “What’s the worst that could happen?” – [10:26]
- 3. “Where will I be in 5 years if I take the easy route?” – [12:56]
- A Challenge to Overcome Comfort – [14:52]
Links and Resources from this Episode
- Jordan Harbinger Show, Ep. 60: Todd Kashdan | The Bright Truth about Your Dark Side
- The Upside of Your Dark Side: Why Being Your Whole Self — Not Just Your “Good” Self — Drives Success and Fulfillment.
Quotes from This Episode
“We can make ourselves comfortable by altering the temperature of the room, altering the comfort of our chair, choosing carefully manicured websites that match my political views, hang out with people that think like me and look like me. This is what people do in society.” Todd Kashdan
“This cultural push to offer you strategies to be comfortable has made us weaker. If you don’t work out muscles, they atrophy. If you don’t exercise regularly, your bones become brittle. If your immune system isn’t tested by walking outside, it ends up being weakened. In the same way psychologically […] as we acquire more physical and emotional comforts and even handicaps to help us get through life, so we feel soft and comfortable and pleasurable all the time, we are mentally weaker when exposed to ambiguous and challenging situations.” Todd Kashdan
“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.” Henry Ford
“Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone.” Neale Donald Walsch
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.