Hey, what’s up Goal Getter!
Would you say you generally have a positive outlook on life? Do you ever find yourself in a bad mood and wonder how to be more positive? I know I do!
The good news is, there are things we can do to help improve our mood, mindset, and overall outlook—and no, it’s not “think happy thoughts.”
If it were as easy as that, we could just decide to be happy when we realized we’re in a bad mood. No, if you want to know how to be more positive, then you need to dive into today’s positivity-packed episode of the Daily New Year’s Podcast and learn these 7 simple strategies for improving your positivity.
- Why Do Negative Things Stay Top of Mind Longer? – [02:30]
- How Can We Become More Positive? – [05:15]
- Limit Your Exposure to Negative People – [06:30]
- Examine Your Environment – [10:30]
- Look for One Positive in Every Situation – [12:30]
- Start a Gratitude Journal – [15:31]
- Talk to a Mentor – [17:00]
- Reflect on the Root of the Problem – [19:00]
- Get Some Exercise – [20:00]
Quotes from this Episode
“Our happiness depends on the habit of mind we cultivate.”Norman Vincent Peale, The Power of Positive Thinking
Links and Resources from this Episode
- Related Post: The Good in Today: How to Keep Positive Memories Top of Mind
- Try The Five Minute Journal. “A Happier You in 5 Minutes a Day.”
- Related Post: Mentee See, Mentee Do: The Importance of Mentorship
- 5 Brain-Boosting Chemicals Released During Exercise
- Read the Blog Version: The Power of Positive Thinking: 7 Tips to Conquer Negativity
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.